phoebe

Phoebe's Paper Paradise

This is new for me, thus I'll just see what it turns out to be. :)

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Mark Twain
Progress: 70/281 pages
The Essential Child: Origins of Essentialism in Everyday Thought
Susan A. Gelman
Progress: 108/382 pages

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints: A Memoir

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints: A Memoir - Dito Montiel After just finishing the book, I just have to spread the word about its sheer awesomeness! It just touched me. There were little bits in chapters or entire chapters as a whole that are just beautifully touching a chord, a chord of melancholy, of sadness, but of truth and beauty too – of life and what really is (or should be) important.

“And I understand now, maybe not completely, but more, that in times of overwhelming joy, immobile sadness, hysterical laughter, absolute fear, and sometimes just perfect quiet there is Life. Real Life. And it really is that simple. I take my gift now. I go live.”

It’s an autobiography, glimpses of episodes of Dito Montiel’s life – gritty, real, yet poetic and memorable. It’s about people, about friends and family, about life and death. It’s the story of ups and downs, of how meeting people affects your life – how people affect your life. And, especially, how you after years think back to all those people (friends, family, celebrities, and strangers) you’ve met and remember – just remember.

All that’s left to say I leave to Allen Ginsberg (as he told to Dito):
“Tayatha, Gate, Gate Paragate, Parasamgate Bodhi Svaha. […] Gone Gone Gone Real Gone Peace. Oh, you know Dito, Life. It’s good to be alive. On with the celebration!”